View Single Post
Old 06-17-21, 09:16 PM   #1311
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Am i the only one who sees a problem with what happens if people believing in unhinged theories from qanon or whatever become the majority?

Probably not but you haven't proved to anyone whatever it is about their theories that is such a problem it is worth gutting everyones rights to free speech either. Just like those new age woke McCarthyites over here you're very general with your accusations, rarely mentioning specifics, but rather using ill defined scary terms like "unhinged theories", even tossing a "whatever" in there to widen the generality net even more.

Quote:
Or anti vaxxers? deciding that vaccines are bad so democratically deciding to stop research and production of vaccines, and killing some hundred thousands in the process? There are more idiots and weidos by the minute after the "social" (lmao) media hand over a soap box to anyone wo likes to hear himself talking.
That's exactly what I mean. Oooh the evil "anti vaxxers", always murdering gazillions of innocents by their mere refusal to take unproven, barely, tested, rushed into production experimental drugs which may or may not be effective in preventing disease and has an increasing number of negative side effects, more cases being reported nearly every day. What savages.

Quote:
Free thinking is good if people are able to think logical and resonably enough, if they only think they are right out of egoism and care for their own beliefs, criticizing anything (by lack of understanding) done by a government or medical organisations, things get ugly.
Life can be ugly. It always has, but you're talking about silencing people who don't meet a standard here. So who decides what logic is reasonable enough to be heard? Who determines that ones thinking is pure and motivated enough by all the right reasons so that what they say is suitable for public consumption? How will you prevent these new arbiters of free speech from using such an enormous power for the very same egoist reasons you want to avoid?

Quote:
"Relatively small group"? From what i saw the last years a majority voted for someone who was an unhinged popstar of talk show "fame", embracing all opinions as long as the people believing them would suppport him.

Hmmm. I didn't realize that merely voting for Donald Trump automatically made one a member of one (or more) of your evil right wing organizations. Thanks for enlightening me. Is there an initiation or something because, I tell you, I got nothing from them yet. Still waiting for my barrel of Iraqi oil too.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote