Old 06-14-21, 09:09 PM   #3408
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
For me, Sibutu Passage has been replete with patrols, but minimal merchant traffic in Jan / Feb 1942. I have encountered one AuxCru, innumerable fishing boats, probably over a dozen patrol craft with 2-4 at a time in the area, ranging from the ineffective, all the way through the "killer" category, with multiple throwers and racks, of which we might try to decrease the throwers so early in the war - but I digress... since editing the H6 radar, the airplanes are not near as persistent as before, so if there is nothing else I've learned from this and the Guadalcanal tests, it's that the airplanes are much more well-behaved for early and mid-war for the next release. The Attu area though, does not have many planes, and I therefore doubt if airplanes play a part. I also saw very little other traffic there. I am wondering about the amount of Save data though. I do remember doing a Save after maybe the sixth Objective, five of which I had done a Status Update to get, and the Save took a while to write. I should have Saved the Save, looking back on it... I don't even know how big it was... I'm going back in for another attempt. Last round failed to fail, and I am on the little laptop...

Edit 1700 Hours: Now I can't get it to break... which is OK also, I suppose... I'll keep trying.
Beginning to wonder, if what I experienced... wasn't a 1 off fluke... at this rate, I don't know what to say... other than I know it happened, but know that now... the objective is in the bag...

As it stands, have 7 completed objectives... & am beating feet back to Surabaya (before it gets abandoned... that is, if it doesn't before I get there... in which case will head for Freemantle I think it was that boats were told to go to after Surabaya was abandoned.)

In the bag, are 7 ships sunk, thus far... 4 merchie's & 3 warships, for a total of close to 30K tonnage... not bad, if I say so Myself... & I haven't hit base... yet, so I could possibly bag a couple more before then.

M. M.