View Single Post
Old 06-14-21, 01:26 PM   #13935
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

@Sky (in particular)

Firstly, let me apologise for the time lapse since I last posted on this thread but can honestly say I was initially unaware of the volume of responses since said post.

Secondly, I must admit you have me in almost total awe at the quality and detail of your responses so I thank you for making it possible for me to respond in a few lines prior to watching the Spain v Sweden game.

Needless to say I agree with a great deal of what you posted and to be as succinct as I am able it is simply a case of the EU trying to teach the UK a lesson in the eyes of the world for fear of more nations leaving their cosy little club.

The NI protocol boils down to the simple truth that neither the ROI or UK want a hard border but because it goes against the grain of the interfering would be nanny state (EU)

Don't anyone forget what the UK Foreign Secretary said of the EU yesterday

Quote:
"EU figures talk about N Ireland as if it were somehow a different country from the UK."

"No one should be surprised by these reports and it's not just one figure.

We have serially seen senior EU figures talk about Northern Ireland as if it were somehow a different country from the UK."

"Could you imagine if we talked about Catalonia, the Flemish part of Belgium, one of the Lander in Germany, northern Italy, Corsica in France as different countries?"
https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-do...l-row-12331428
My message to the EU is simple....."You want a hard border? How about you come over and try to build one?"

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online