View Single Post
Old 06-12-21, 08:18 AM   #1302
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
If you let the people alone decide via direct democracy and have no qualified or educated layers switched between them and making laws and maintaining a society, mankind will soon be back in the middle ages. See Qanon, anti vaxxers and all that. After what happened in the last five years i think most of mankind is rather primitive.
What does a relatively small and insignificant religious group like Qanon and the billions of people around the world who have nothing to do with them but just don't want to be forced to take the experimental covid vaccine (and "all that") with the problems of direct democracy Catfish? I'm sure you can explain those vital links for me please because I fail to see your point. Are you just trying to take two political shots with one stone so to speak?

The problem that our increasingly authoritarian governments have with such people is not their beliefs but rather that free thinkers are inherently difficult to control and regiment. Casting your favorite political boogymen as the reason why democracy doesn't work puts you in that camp.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote