View Single Post
Old 06-11-21, 07:39 AM   #7316
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
In a medical survey made in (forgot the country) showed that vegetarian had 60-70 % higher chance for not getting infected or was better equip to fight the virus if they got infected.

Markus
I am not surprised, due to some of the reasons already given by 3catcircus. While I am not against eating meat, I strongly recommend "clean" meat from grass-fed cattle living on the meadow. No corn-feeding, no soy feeding. Grass-fed means: the animals fatty acids have m ore inflammatory Omega6 and less non-inflammatory Omega 3. Pastzured means the animals forms MUCH better ratipos between Omega 6 and Omega 3, less of the first and more of the latter.

Inflammation caused by an overspiking immune system (cytokine storm) is one of th ebig issues with Covid-19. Most of the damages patients suffer, do not come from the virus, but the immune system causing a nightmare of collateral damages. Its not enoguh tio just strenghten it, you also must modulate it, as I have often explained by now.

However, "bio"-standard-raised meat can also have its problems, since "bio" production not automatically always leads to better quality of animal wellbeing. Especially when the animals become ill, but are under a "bio" regime, they easily can suffer more, since they are banned from effective conventional therapies.

On soy, I linked a translated text recently, and soy to me is a major concern, it got that meanwhile, while twenty years ago I ate plenty of Tofu, I had good recipes for marinades for it. But no more, not even in food for animals, if i can avoid it. I placed a link in the health thread, here it is again:

https://translate.google.com/transla...soja-ungesund/

Avoid it, if you can. Japanese traditionally eat it only in combination with certain foods that neutralise some of its negative fallouts, and they do not eat it as much as Westerners may think.

Soy, btw, like caniola/rapesee in thwe west, wa snot farmed for human consummaiton, originally, but as animal food on farms (while canola was farmed to make lamp oil and soap from it, it was intended for human cosumption originally, that hgjmans can eat it (with still quite high amounts of inflammatory Omega-6 fatty acids) was discovere dlater only. Or claimed.

Vegetarians and Vegans suffer typical shortages of micro nutrients, which they must supplement. It takes a lot of knowledge to eat this style, and still enjoy the limited rnages of tastes, and not suffer too huge deficits. Its possible, but is very enagging. If oyu think you just need an apple more per day and do nto eat meat and milk anymore, then you sooner or later will pay the health price. The bills will be presented not before many years have gone by. But it will be presented. So if you go this way, do your homework, and learn. A lot.

I respect it if people eat no animals for ethical reasons, I did so myself for ten years , in my twenties, and because meat then was not up to my taste (that has changed), and then changed again). I only insist that their choice does not legitimize them to enforce their food reigme on others as well.