Thread: Tennis Elbow 4
View Single Post
Old 06-05-21, 04:52 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I'm into it with ever growing enthusiasm. Played doubles now as well, and can say that doubles are better simulated in this game than in any other earlier tennis game, they will very close to life. AI player appears and feels like a human partner. The moves and ball exchanges look like in real life, in good and in "mishaps". Incredible.

I forgot to mention that the game has not a complete detailed career managmeent mode, but additional to the yearly tournament calender and a player base with thousands (!) of names does simulate a training module with surprising detail and dynamic changes, between matches and tournaments you spend times in training, and accumulated training hours as acchievements can be distributed on the percentages defining your various talents and skills. These also can suffer over time if not being "renewed" in training occasionally. Its a very vivid system and allows you to slowly form a player from noob to competent tournament player, it also means that you can change over the longer term the playing style of your player. I have the impression that due to high values being risen further only with quite some effort, it is unlikely that you will form a King Kong dominator having only strenghts and no weaknesses, you most likely will need to concentrate and focus on some and accepot others to lag behind. And in the beginning you will get butchered a lot.

Very happy customer here, I enjoy the gameplay tremendously, I already liked the predecessor, but the graphics one day had started to keep me away.

Its the believable, dynamic flow, the up and down trend over games and sets, that is so immersive and addictive. In tournaments, noob that I am I only rarely stumble over an opponent on ym - low - skill level: and then the matches immediately become to turn into crime movies, and you get so much satisfaction from successful moves of yours, or a long exchange ending with the point in your favour.