View Single Post
Old 05-28-21, 12:36 PM   #6
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yep, I have found that if have no speed and I mean zero speed and boat touches on an even keel, boat will not take damage or may take a little on impact but can sit for hours without damage. Now, if getting close depth charges and a lot of rocking back and forth i.e. grinding against ocean floor, can cause damage but usually not fatal.

Another way is since boat will just hover without speed in most cases (if not damaged) ascertain the bottom is at say 150 feet, cut all speed and order 149 feet boat then once boat is at 148, order a 1 foot drop to 150, boat will settle right at 150, basically so close, it looks like boat is sitting on the bottom and guess in a way it is. No damage but have to have absolutely no speed on the boat when settle at the bottom.

Yes, I recall that about Travs mod, problem was that was accomplished by making the subs tanks. I looked up the hit points one time in the .zon lol they were indestructible. One of those trade offs, but for me it takes away knowing my boat is a tank and inclines me to perform certain behaviors when in the middle of situations on patrol.
I always got damage sitting on the bottom, seems slow and then just built up.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is online   Reply With Quote