Old 05-13-21, 04:15 AM   #3255
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
There are several other comments prior to page 215 concerning the issue. All systems still function on your boat, you just do not get the feedback from the gauges in the boat. The HUD display does function, and the sonar does function, you just will not see confirmation of such on the sonar display either (they're gauges), except in its little notepad. The conning tower gauges are stuck also, btw... When you get back to port and dock to terminate your patrol, it should all re-set, as previously stated. You could consider this like a mechanical issue encountered with your boat while on patrol, that makes the life of the skipper more difficult, but he has to decide whether it is worth the eight (or more) day trip back to base to fix something broken... suppose you have HORS engines, with one of them down, and now have to baby the other three. Some skippers stayed out, others came back in.

The issue will hopefully be fixed for the next release. It ends up being two AI submarines that were causing the trouble. The Kaidai4 had a configuration issue with one line out of thousands that had a typo in it from who knows when, and the Jyunsen1, which was sharing a conning tower skin with the Kaidai4, which usually isn't bad, except it was using the same node ID number, which is a conflict, and would then pollute the Jyunsen Type 1 with Kaidai 4 issues... Incorporated into the "fix" is a rebuild of most of the AI subs into integrated wholes with the hull and conn, ala ETR3(SS)'s technique and guidance. Kudos to ETR3(SS) and his template for this.

What we have done for testing the "fix" is to set all of the games AI subs before the players' sub(s) (one player sub at a time), "target" the AI subs, shoot at them, while a B-24 squadron and a B-25 squadron come along and bomb and strafe the rest of them, then change course and Crash Dive in the player sub and then hit the TC as fast as I can in the middle of all of that, and get to 2048, then hit ESC and save under those conditions - not recommended, btw. Exit the game and then restart and restore the Saved game. If the gauges are at noon, try again. s7rikeback is going over another set of files I edited and doing quadruple & quintuple checks on my triples, and making certain I didn't create any new ID conflicts, and when he is finished, we'll do another build and another set of tests. Once this is finished, then we'll move on to the next set of proposals and / or trouble and work on that / them. We do already have other fixes and some additions and surprises for the mod, and we have more. We would then release the next version after testing the whole. Right now, v1.5, but we might skip that number for "clarity"...

Now, go out there and be more aggressive!
Ahoy, propbeanie.. & s7rikeback, as well...

Appreciate the explain there.. will restart back with the career I have with v 1.46 & do My best.. as can be, with the gauge issues, to fluff out the rest of patrol 1.. then hot foot it for port.. & see if everything does indeed.. 'reset' as it goes with the gauges. & proceed from there. As much as I like tonnage from IJN subbie's... think I will in the future, just avoid them for now.. at least those 2 particular ones.. which probably won't sit well with the boys on the boat.. (think like what 1 was it.. the movie where that 1 skipper had his sub shot out from under him by Bungo Pete... ) but.. they'll get over it after I run them ragged with dive & torp drills...

Any way, appreciate the update on that issue.

Will look forward to the next upgrade to FotRS-U-EN.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 05-14-21 at 01:04 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote