Old 04-29-21, 07:11 AM   #7058
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I am very sorry for your loss Neal.

Don't know how lucky I was though. The disease does have a very high survival rate and while i'm (a little) old i'm still relatively fit and active. Most people, including my wife who could not have avoided catching it from me if it's anywhere near contagious as they claim, never even have a symptom at all, again according to what they say, so how lucky was I really? Certainly a damn sight luckier than your friends to be sure but I do miss the taste of good food. It's lack has made eating more of a chore than one might think.

Yes, it certainly seemed very contagious last year, with the cruise ships and Italian catastrophes. The early indicators prompted me to be zealously cautious. I was probably 10 times more cautious than I needed to be, but in the beginning I realized we just didn't know how bad it was or could be. The CDC and WHO couldn't know either, not sure they still do. They were drawing inferences based on the evidence and the evidence was changing all the time.

My approach was, there were two phases, getting COVID and surviving COVID once you got it. I felt that I only could manage the first. Once you contract it, your fate was in God's hands.

I hope your senses return, man, that's probably worse than people think. Catfish says in 5 months or less, fingers crossed.