Larrywb57
Ensign

Downloads: 369
Uploads: 0
Default 20mm Oerlikon DG

Thank you PB for reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Had you removed your gun crew and put them back to the repair team prior to exchanging? My DG crew comes from top skilled crew members in the boat, example, the leader is one with most leadership with good gun skills, the gunner has highest gunnery skills, the assistant gunner has the next highest and the loader has the next highest skill. The crew is only moved from their duty stations when the deck is to be manned for action. Is your 4" gun in the same location as before? I didn't change the gun location.If you have not left base yet, remove what you did, and make certain your gun crews are off the guns. Save the game, exit and come back in to that career. Try the gun swap again. There should be four slots for the 4" gun, and 2 slots for the 20mm, no matter which of the fore and aft combos you use. If not, back it off again, and try the other combo and see if you get the crew. If you do not, do not leave port. We'll try the "gun fix". Something goes awry in the Save folder apparently, and finding that is more than a bit of a bother. This has been with the game since the get-go. Just remember that before you attempt to do Battle Stations, if you do have crew slots, that you have to Save, Exit and return again for the new gun crew to show at their stations...
Sadly, I made this change earlier this year, March time frame I think. And real time caused me to stop. When I started playing again, I forgot to check the crew management page to see if the slots for the DG crew where there. And I keep my save folder short unless I think that problems might occur. Do you think when I get back to home port from this patrol, purchase a deck gun like I had before, place it in the position, check the crew management page to see if anything changed and if everything looks good, go out 100mn. Save the mission and close the game. (I always wait about one minute before exiting the game for the files to be written.) Restart the game. And return to home port and purchased the combination again to see if it works this time?
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote