Old 03-27-21, 12:29 PM   #11
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0
Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
I'm curious as to seeing a video of this method - specifically keeping them @20-25 AOB. Normally if I'm playing as the bad guys in a U-boat, I'll actually use the TDC since the German version is so much easier to use reliably.

The US TDC is much harder to use because if I am aiming to fire at a 0 degree relative breathing I usually miss - the Dick O'Kane method works better for me.
I tried to keep my post simple and accurate but missed the mark, sorry.

I forgot to say once target range is @1500 yards or meters your position and target track are now set to give you a CPA (closest point of Approach) if target AOB is 25deg. Its at this range and won I slow/crawl and allow the target to draw across my line of sight.

Sorry for missing that crucial step.

Its my observation the US TDC has no limits for shooting. It also keeps tracking which greatly assists in refining the firing solution. The German simply generates a static gyro angle, which works but doesn't track the target like the TDC. Both have a fan club, to each his own ))