View Single Post
Old 03-09-21, 09:03 AM   #92
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
If you (or anyone else) find a way to edit characters (meaning, ability to substitute new meshes/textures or even possibly import animations), please do share how.

I was once (when making coaster pack) considering creating an entire entourage of civilians (passengers, fishermen, merchant officers) to replace the soldiers/navy sailors on civilian/neutral ships, but I couldn't find a way even to access .chr files without which even shuffling about existing meshes to get more combinations was impossible).

Still have my old research though and would still like to give our Kaleuns some pause by having them spot innocent passengers on deck of that fat nice liner
Hi kapuhy,

I don't think we can create new character parts or new animations with the tools we have currently available, though the program that Jeff was pointing us to a few months ago looks promising.
We can nonetheless:
  • put together vanilla heads, torsos and legs to create "new" characters;
  • make those character to wear hats and to hold various items;
  • apply vanilla animations to them;
  • make them to move between a custom set of waypoints.

The tools required for performing those tasks are Goblin Editor, notepad and (for waypoint editing) TDW's GR2 Editor.
If memory serves the process is a bit tricky because there is a specific order which must be followed when merging relevant files in Goblin Editor; right now I can't go into details though, as it has been a long time since I last messed with character, and currently I have not even the game installed.
I promise I will write a tutorial as soon as I familiarize again with those files
gap is offline   Reply With Quote