View Single Post
Old 03-08-21, 04:44 PM   #9
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
look into a KVM in order to better utilize desk space.
i have been using KVM's since we invented them back in the 90's.
hmm thanks for the suggestion. I too used to use KVM in the 90s and early 2000s prior to "Cloud" taking over everything.

Today though, at my home, rather than adding a KVM (plus cables) to the mix, I could just keep using the laptop as a self contained 2nd set of computer (or tablet with its virtual keyboard - it's less comfy to type but also less desktop clutter).

Periscope depth in my heart though, I'm still hoping/dreaming a software solution to my problem that would help me get rid of 2nd laptop/tablet/PC altogether so that I can end up with just 1 computer with 2 screens; SH4 running on one with audio-in-the-background feature patrolling at low TC, and "other stuff" running on the other (focus active) screen.

To give any interested parties an update: I web searched some more today and found this "product" that someone was selling to people like me. It solves the same problem I have here but it is not for Silent Hunter but for Microsoft's Flight Simulator game:

Quote:
Flight1 SoundStream is an ingenious little tool that keeps the Flight Simulator sound enabled even when FSX is running in the background. It lets you use add-on programs developed for Flight Simulator (such as moving maps) without interrupting the in-flight sound experience. Or you can read and answer an email or surf the web during a long flight - all this without your ears leaving the cockpit. No more missed ATC calls and any warning sounds, and of course you will hear that the engines are still running!

https://www.flight1.com/products.asp...ct=soundstream
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote