View Single Post
Old 03-08-21, 09:27 AM   #13692
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
This came up earlier in discussion about coastal vessels - iirc, in TWoS "rare" and "elite" ships are already used for other types of traffic (108, "rare cargo" is for smaller/slower cargo vessels sailing in small convoys or alone, where big freighters would be out of place).

Still, withdrawing one type (preferably least used one) from any generic traffic whatsoever and only using it for manually calling it by class for "special purposes" might be a good idea, though probably lot of work to implement (because it would first require rewriting composition of each group that currently uses the type...)
The sad truth is that we have not enough unit types. I am sure this is a question which has been asked many times, but who knows if we can add other types to the game?

Else, another possible workaround might be duplicating some nations. I already did it when I set up (for OHII) "free" nation duplicates whose ships can be legitimately sunk even though the relative "main" nation if friendly or neutral. I also plan to do it for Royal Fleet Auxiliary, whose vessels (oilers, tenders, lighters, landing ships, etc) sailed under the Blue Ensign defaced with an anchor.

The one problems I see with this trick, is that we would see the "fake" nations in museum, and that - in SOAN - ship classes which are assigned to the roster of two copies of the same nation, would have the flag of that nation repeated two or more times.

Last edited by gap; 03-08-21 at 09:45 AM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote