Old 03-08-21, 01:25 AM   #5
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

Thank you for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Dunno, but.. if it can be done, set the focus sound wise to SH4... browsing posts & such.. doesn't really call for audio.. but.. that's just My suggestion...
Browsing does not require audio <-- depends on what you're browsing, doesn't it Yes, it could be text-only forums (as I mentioned earlier) but it also could be a YouTube video etc. that works better with audio.
In any case "does the other screen really require audio" is perhaps a nice discussion point but not my current focus or current problem.

The problem is: the moment focus is on another "window" (the other window could be a web browser with a forums page or a video in it, it could even be a simple notepad), that very moment audio from sh4 window is completely muted out. In other words, sh4 window emits audio only when it has "focus". It's audio capability is linked to whether it is "the active window".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
uh, no offense intended, but you do not want to alt-tab out of SH4. Period. End of Story.
All sorts of bad things happen when a Kaleun shells out to Windows to go and do something non-SH4.
Do a search in Subsim or even Google for CTD and other assorted bad things and you will learn that the number one cause is shelling out/alt-tabbing.
Thank you for the warning I appreciate you are trying to warn against bad stuff and I remember those issues from sh3 era.
Having said that, it's all in the past for me - I currently have a very stable setup with zero CTD or other issues (that I am aware of) so far. While I acknowledge bad stuff can happen (such as CO2 issue etc.) since it has not happened to me yet, no need to curtail freedoms that help me enjoy long patrol periods. This is not twice as good as sh3, in my scale my current sh4 experience is 10x better than sh3 experience so I will continue on this road (of running sh4 in my one screen, doing other stuff on my other screen). It works great. Strongly recommended - just try it out. If you have "bad stuff" happening to you obviously stop doing that but so far my "bad stuff experienced" counter is at zero after playing hundreds of hours on this PC
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote