View Single Post
Old 03-07-21, 07:35 PM   #1
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

Default Does anyone know a way to retain audio when sh4 window loses focus?

Hi,

My question is for Silent Hunter v.1.5 running on Windows 10. For this game, does anyone know a way to retain audio when sh4 window loses focus?

Extra info: As you might know, this is a design decision by developers - whether an application continues to emit audio when application window does not have focus. Usually this is a trivial thing to enable/disable for the dev team (or anyone with source code access). In fact some games even expose this, as a game-options-UI-setting (or sometimes as a not-so-apparent configuration tweak such as an .ini file or a startup parameter to the application launcher etc.). If there is a way for sh4 so far I have not found it hence the query.

Search results: I searched this forum and the web for before I post this thread. The only Subsim forums thread I managed to find on this matter was the one for sh5. Of course it does not help me with sh4 (and didn't help that guy with sh5).
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 How to still hear game sound when game window is not focused on (alt-tabbed)? https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=174765

Background story: I have a dual-screen setup, I run sh4 in fullscreen borderless state (using the 1-pixel-less hack) on screen1 and I'm browsing the forums/web etc. on screen2. During long patrols with reduced time compression, most of the time nothing exciting is happening in the game so I listen to the radio/gramophone and browse forums etc.
With this setup I can visually see what's happening in the game but I'm missing out on radio/gramophone at all times and also because there is no crew audio announcements ("ship spotted!" etc.) that I can hear, I can miss a critical situation if I don't visually check out the screen for a while so if I can fix this missing audio issue I think my setup would be perfect!

Thanks in advance for any replies!
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote