View Single Post
Old 03-04-21, 07:50 AM   #927
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
No, what they are saying is... that Op. Monsun: Dark Waters is 'v6' ONLY... it is NOT v6.7, as you have it in that screen shot.
Yes, Fifi uses "V" prefix for version, then a single digit to indicate the major version as in 5 or 6 - that is clear to me. No need for an explanation on that as it's a simple observation - I do appreciate your effort though.

In the post I replied to, they were claiming I was confused so what I am saying is "I am not _confused_ by/with the 7zip archive"; really there is nothing to be confused about a forgotten version bump, obviously not a "critical bug" just a visual thing which should cause zero gameplay issues. I fixed it for me and posted the fix in case somebody else wants it. Confusion meter is zero.

The reason I changed that loading screen image locally in my installation is because personally I prefer to see what I'm loading (just a personal taste) so again I fixed it *just for me* and since it's already done, shared the outcome, in case somebody else wants to drop the updated file into their installation to address this trivial cosmetic issue, until an update is out...

Quote:
Fifi, did acknowledge that they erred when they released the last version of tagging the load screen with it saying v5, they forgot to bump up the version # by 1 digit.
Cool, I read past posts in this thread but there is a lot of backlog, progressing slowly from oldest to newest and I did not see that message from Fifi prior to my post - thanks for confirming dev has already acknowledged in the past. I see that Fifi also posted just today on the matter.

Quote:
So, again, there is NO .7 at the end of the version #, it is just flat out 6 only.
With regards to the version convention in my edit not matching Fifi's original one: Yes, I am well aware. My file is my own edit -primarily- for my own taste so I wanted to be specific with my minor version even though I realise it is a discrepancy with the official convention used by Fifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
It was my own fault, i forgot to change the V5 on the loading screen.
Even saying V5 on loading screen, it is the V6 version
I admit it could be confusing but not game breaker.
Indeed not too important, certainly not a game breaker, thanks for all you've done - it is great and I am enjoying it immensely.
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote