Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 02-27-21, 11:55 PM   #908
rschilla
Seaman

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

So here is what happened. Nothing I tried worked. Moving files to a D: drive did nothing. In fact, that was worse. It would not even load the original game.

Which got me to thinking that something was critically wrong. In spite of having the mods activated when I did a local file validation scan on Uboat Missions it told me that precisely 1 file had failed to validate.

I went looking in the file and found that the intro movie was the old one. Then I looked in the DW_6 file which was still in my unzipped file and found that the movie was the new one.

Thus, it seemed to me that the problem was either that something was wrong with the DW download file OR something was wrong with my JGSME file. Tired of taking chances I reinstalled both files and Voila. It is running.
I suppose I'll never really know what the problem was but at this point I don't much care.

Once again,l sincerely appreciate all the suggestions but it really looks like I had at least one corrupted file and nothing was going to fix it.
rschilla is offline   Reply With Quote