View Single Post
Old 02-27-21, 08:15 PM   #6512
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thats plenty of half-truths woven into misleading "theory".

Masks must be worn correctly. If you apply somethign positive in the wrong way, than EVERYTHING becomes somethingyou can argue against, because EVERYTHING can be misused, wrongly used, abused.

I know the airstream problem at the rims: I wear glasses. When they get foggy, I know that the mask does not fit tight and correctly. Because a FFP mask that fits the face form correctly, does NOT leak at the rim, and your breathing this way becomes heavier and a bit more difficult - then the filtering does its job correctly. Heck I even shaved off my beard around the chin and now only have a small bar of hairs over my upper lip.

Such masks filter as they should, and worn this correctly, even a KN95/FFP2 masks filters not 95% but even around 99%, almost like a FFP3 filter, as far as virus particles are concerned. The problem is that they become wet over time, and then form transmission bridges and attract even more particles than if you would wear no mask. But only then. Solution: Do as the producer says, wear them for so and so long only in a row before changing them. It depends on your breaths moisture level, room moisture, and whether you are calm and rested, or do physical work.

Contamination with breath's germs, funghi, can be delayed by frequently drying them, exposing them to UVC light of 250-260 nm (thats what I do), or hang them up in the direct sunlight. The UV device shoudl be checked thgat it really does emit that liught, most sold UVC LED do not (banana test is one option, they say). After some time however, they must be replaced for sure. You could also bake them for a few minutes, but not more than I think 75°C, that deactivates the Covid-19 virus reliably. But any hotter melts the meltblow tissue, changes the "loop" size by deformation. Not good.

This should have been communicated more clearly, here I agree. Instead plenty of idiots tried to profile themselves by debating many ifs and dos and donts and maybes and concerns and Ängste until the confusion and contradiction was complete. I started wearing masks last year in early February already. People looked at me like at a zombie, i was one of the first persons in my city, I have little doubt. It took the authorities months more until the finally stopped warning against wearing masks and starting to demand that people should wear masks, and even then, with that delay, just cotton cloth masks (which nevertheless reduce particle density in inhaled aerosols by around 50% if 2-3 layers of quality cotton layers are place dover eahc other). FFP masks can be had for 50 centy now at almost every supermaklet cashdesk. Like chewing gum.

Virus load at exposition is a decisive factor for the quesiton whether a severe or a light cause of the infeciton is being suffered later on, because a high load shortens the time for the immune system to adapt to this new enemy. So: EVERY LITTLE BIT IN REDUCTION HELPS TO PUSH CHANCES IN YOUR FAVOUR. We know this since almost one full year now.

That masks can be used wrongly is no excuse for propagating they are useless or even increase the risks. You could demand that seatbelts are removed from cars because people using them wrong could strangle themselves with them, or brake their chest bones. People wearing masks wrong, should be forced into compliance by shop owners, supermarket workers, everybody around. Rules must be enforced, else it makes redcued sense only to declare them. Instead in germany we got a debate about social aggression and mobbing if people ask others to wear their maks correctly. Insane.

Best is to avoid other people, especially crowds of people. IQ is reversely proportional to size of crowds and masses of people, the more people there are, the more stupid they behave. Psychology of masses - Reason is helpless against it. Avoid them - or mow them down with machine guns. Since the latter is no option: avoid, avoid, avoid.

Stop propagating these destracting misinfomations of yours. You do harm to people who follow your dubious theories. At least 1 on 3 infected, is symptom-free and does not know he is infectious for others. But those he infects, some of them may not get away with just a non symptomatic case, but may get into deep and long lastign trouble. Undermining even the simpliest of rules to reduce risks, oversteps the red line to physical assault and malice, therefore. Biden'S predecessor did so all the time. And now half a million Americans are dead. That dirtbag waded in a sea of blood he helped to make much bigger than was inevitable. Stop doing like him. If I would have my way, he would seat on the electric chair for his behaviour: for mass murder. And I mean that absolutely serious.

Keep distances. Avoid crowded places and too many people in closed rooms and halls. Wear masks inside buildings and in crowded places in the open. Tune and modulate your immune system. Get vaccinated with whatever jab is available when they give you the opprtunity. And after that, continue with those behaviour rules. Avoid air travelling. Avoid cruise ships. Avoid busses, trains, if you can. Avoid group offices. 2m distance in rooms IS NOT ENOUGH. Aerosol clouds linger in the air for hours, and they spread much faster than was previously assumed. We know that since last year'S spring and summer. And smear infection is a factor, too.

My God, its twelve months and one still must explain the simpliest of the simple things.
I'm sorry you feel that way. These are not half-truths. They're inconvenient truths. The vast majority will *never* wear masks correctly - the majority of masks being used are worthless cloth with too wide a weave that people will reuse over and over without sanitizing and that they will turn into disease vectors. It's human nature - people are, overall, completely lazy.

Social distancing needs to be a *personal* choice. Most of us are tired of catering to every hypochondriac out there. We're sick of it. It's ruined the economy which has caused hardship and despair for untold numbers of people. It's caused kids to commit suicide. And it will never end until people refuse to comply, because the risk is completely overstated. The vast majority of the planet has either had it and recovered, has been vaccinated, or is at little to no risk of dying. You want to hide at home? Be my guest. I won't stop you or judge you differently. But I do not want to stay away from other people, nor do the majority of people - human contact is as necessary for health as food, water, air and sleep

You know what *is* a huge risk? Touch surfaces. The experts claim it isn't a huge risk. The experts have no understanding of human nature. People are slobs. They'll pick their nose, wipe their behind, not wash their hands, adjust their mask, and then open a door, spreading covid (or other things) all over the handle or knob. I've *never* seen a single supermarket employee wiping down shopping carts. I've never seen store clerks wiping down doors or POS terminals. Not once in the past year. Not once.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote