View Single Post
Old 02-25-21, 07:08 PM   #8
cyberus01
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
radar

Hi! fellow noob here that's just redownloading SH3 after way too long but here is some of what I remember.

One thing to note is that speed effects your maximum fuel range, so you need to take it slow on diesel engines if you have a long way to go. What I usually do is go to is dive during the day and surface during the night, both to conserve fuel and to avoid enemy detection. When I'm setting out from port I marked my patrol grid and plotted a course to get there, then had my navigator calculate max range at this speed, if by going at slowest speed I'd still use up 40% or so of my fuel just getting there one way, I assumed that high command was smoking crack and make my own mission from there to score tonnage, I remember having a wonderful time more than once harassing the hell out of little civilian ships with the deck gun for the lols.

There are going to be stretches' where you don't find nothing, that's the nature of being a hunter. But I promise the first time you get into a proper engagement, loosing torpedo's and dodging destroyers, you'll forget most of the boring wait.

If you get really bored go attack scapa flow, and find other ways to mess with the royal fleet.
cyberus01 is offline   Reply With Quote