View Single Post
Old 02-23-21, 07:33 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Tja tja... He that will not hear must feel.

Trapped in the Afghan maze. Telling so since 2006. They cna stay another twenty years, and they will not achieve anything lasting. Its like squeezing a rubber ball. The moment you let go your grip, it bounces back into its former form.

Without US air transport and air support, the German contingent is screwed, their battlefield air mobility is zero. Hard to believe that they still are there. Even in the army, realism has moved in, and hope has been given up. The only ones still blowing into the trumpet, are reality-disconnected politicians who cannot bear that the mission has been lost - lost since beginning on.

I hope the Americans pull out. Then it will be seen what the Europeans do. If they are as smart as they think in their capitols, they are already gone before the Americans move out. Recent comments by the German foreign ministerial casper however are discouraging. I dont think they have learned anything from the past 17 years or how long it has been. the German military leaders have, and their enthusiasm to stay is very muted. Troops, so I heard, do not tlak much anymor elike years ago: "we stay as long as the msisioin is not accomplished", "we will only leave when the country has been stabilised", "we cannot go because then the losses and sacrifices would have been in vein". Realism has defeated naive idealism. Finally. I waited very long for this sobering. But the politicians have not learned.

The current desastrous EU commission president Super-Uschi with all her glorious remarks on vaccinations and programs and green deal policies, was the former German defence minister. Just as a reminder. Food for thought, isn't it...

I cant see the German contingent being able to face indeed a full out war aiming at them directly, but this is what could be coming if the American support is no longer there. Could easily end in a total catstrophe. And I do not talk about a political one for the parties and governments at home, but a REAL one.