View Single Post
Old 02-18-21, 05:33 AM   #6387
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
The Astrazeneca's vaccine is now the only vaccine being offered here in Australia, should I be worried? should I wait for another?
If there is a lack of choice in your place, no, don't wait.

If you can choose, well, it would not be my first choice, because it does not protect against i think the southafrican strain, and has higher rates of more serious reactions after the first jab. There were firefighter stations and hospital over here where they had one quarter, even one third of their vaccinated staff needing to take 1-3 days of leave from work. That are not normal rates and intensity levels to a mass vaccination, these numbers are much higher. The mRNA vaccines by Biontech-Pfizer and Moderna have that mutation protection, and a more moderate reaction after the second jab. AZ must blame themselves, they did a not en par job in data collection and study during the test trials, and serious problems they ran into during those trials got covered up and tried to get hidden. The govenrment officials did not investigate, the media remained silent. although phase one trial or phase two trial ven was stopped in one country and needed to get fully relaunched, another phase 1 or 2 trial in another country had been interrupted for some days, and one patient even died - they treid to blame other factors and later ha dot admit that to was due to compolkicaitons formt eh vaccine. So, the AZ vaccine did not saw an easy birth, it was a complicated birth.

To leave no words on problems and in fact boast all the time that everythign is runnign supersmooth and wonderful and fine, builds no trust, and leaves a certain taste in the mouth. Yes, AZ is responsible all by itself for its now reputation and perception by the public. Lets face it, their reputation currently is not the best. And that is due to their own fault.

But: get vaccinated with whatever you can get vaccinated with early, only when you have the choice, choose another one. You may get those reactions, or not, but they do not mean you get ill from Covid. Its an immune reaction to a SIMULATED attack, not a real one. Severe or not, after 1-3 days you most likely will be fine again.

My first choice currently would be the Russian one, basing on the numbers published in the Lancet study and assuming those data have not been "beautified". But I am not even getting any vaccine over here anyway, and that will not change any time soon. I can be satisfied if even getting anything in 4rth quarter this year - and that is not certain. I absolutely also take 2022 into account.

Edit:

Reece, listen here at exactly 10:00. Thats the best answer you can get to your question.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-18-21 at 07:04 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote