View Single Post
Old 02-13-21, 08:01 PM   #154
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

^ Blödsinn.

My grandparents on my father'S side, their family and villagers had to flee from the Russians and Czechs at the end of WWII, they were Sudeten. I know for certain that on several occasions they had to barter with their women'S jewelry, rings, and silver coins with farmers to get something to eat (because the Reichmark did not buy anything anymore...), and to bribe policemen or guards or officials. They got ripped off, of course. But they made it through, though with luck, a Russian patrol once caught them, but the leader was a man with a heart and did not want to murder babies and kids, so let them go.If thery would niot have had somethign of value to barter with, I would not sit here and type this in, because I would have never gotten born.

And if it is an ounce of silver for tweo eggs and half a loaf of bread. Bartering needs somehing you can barter with.

As long as no meteor hits the earth, near future crisis will always have those who have something, and those who have nothing, or at least far less. The bartering value of precious metals and jewelry will drop zo zero only when nobody sees any future anymore when the light will return to the world.

And if this still does not make you think twice about what you just said, then explain why gold and silver and jewelry have maintained their value storage function and are being held in high esteem by humans not since just centuries, but since MILLENIA. Is there any stock paper or paper currency that can claim the same?

The next crisis we face, will be the endgame of the financial crisis that runs since the 70s, and the showdown for the paper money system, and a resulting economic crisis. The latter I think could last for YEARS. And states will try to plunder people off their private property as best as they can, will steal where they know something of value is there that can be stolen. You said gold and central bank in on sentence, implying that it needs central banks to trade with precious metals. Thats Blödsinn, too. Central banks were only founded to replace gold - that one did not have enough of anymore - with in principle worthless paper "money"! When central banks and paper money are long since in ruins, gold will still be held in high esteem. Promised. So valuable that states will try to prohibit private ownership, and confiscate (=plunder) it from private people.

That worthless and useless gold is. So worthless that everbyody of sane mind wants it.

Its a safety to keep and conserve bartering power you have accumulated and saved, do not want to spend it right now to have reserves for the future. Though a safety it only is if the state does not know you own it. thjats why you should buy and hold it anonymously, andnthat si why the mwerciells redecue the ammount of gold allowed to be bought anonymously. The state wants to know where he can plunder in the future, you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
No one in their right mind is going to trade food and fire wood for gold and silver. You can't burn them or eat them, so what's the point?
If I have enough firewood and food supplies, I possibly am willing to take your bars and coins if they are of real gold and silver, and give you wood and some eggs for it. Because i have it and you seem to need it. Come better times again, I will be rich, and you will be poor. What you bartered to get, will have been consumed up and your hands are empty, but I will go and have shopping tours again, and yes: plural.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-13-21 at 08:34 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote