Old 02-07-21, 07:24 PM   #2714
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
1. Correct, at Tulagi.
2. Yes, next patrol was from Mare Island to the Solomons, then back eventually to Mare.
3. That first patrol ended on 5/8/43; three sea trial patrols followed, the last ending on 7/8/43.
Thanks for the clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
Hey yall, I've been having a great playthrough on my latest campaign, but I've run into an issue. I got a new Tench Class boat, Its December/January 44/45, and I am able to kit it out with my renown, but I cant seem to get the double deck guns to show their crew slots properly. I have the bow gun slots showing but not the stern slots and I have no idea what I am missing. I've put the text from the save file in if someone wants to look at it and explain what the issue is.

<SPOILERs>
In the Save folder's "ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc" there, compare your "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7" to "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8", specifically the "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository X" lines in #7. Delete the wording "AdditionalRepository" from those four lines, and your crew slots will show up again. Sometimes, the guns themselves are incomplete. Refer to the "NewColetrainsAndOthersDGfix.pdf" file in the Support / HowTo folder, on Page 3, for more info, and what else to look out for. Are you by chance using vickers' Officer's Quarters mod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Scuttlebutt says the Tench is still a busted flush, you've just proved it so it must be true, I rarely upgrade beyond a Gato sub as both the Balao (it came with issues but all good now) and the Tench have caused problems in past editions of the mod, I'm not sure the Tench can be fixed but you can ask for nothing.
In theory (famous last words while coming back from patrol and s7rikeback is wining and dining your girlfriend), the Tench and Balao should both function as intended, so long as you do NOT accept them prior to their active dates. Testing on my machine has shown fully functional deck guns & crews, as well as fully funtional deck and AA guns, no matter what my choices are, so long as I adhere to proper procedures before going on patrol. I have done several test campaigns with a Gato going to a Balao in 1943, and a Balao to a Tench in 1945 without issue. The only problem being of course, "test" campaign. They are "seeded" campaigns. They are not from 1941 to 1945, involving 16+ Saves, due to "testing cycle" constraints (T-I-M-E)... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote