View Single Post
Old 02-03-21, 10:08 PM   #2703
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
My guess here is that Tulagi is messed-up, but Milne more so. While you didn't transfer to it prior to its being "active", the Flotillas file does have it "active" prior to the base being there, and since SH4 does not use "dates" per se, but rather "time passed", that might further confuse the game, and it is probably thinking that the base is no longer active, as far as the Flotillas file goes. Plus, since Milne is "copied" from Brisbane, some dingbat forgot to change one of the "spawn-in" locations for Milne Bay... sigh. - Both fixed (hopefully) for the next version...
I believe you are correct, that both Milne Bay and Tulagi are messed up. Tulagi may be further messed by the elapsed time you mentioned above. To wit, I started 11 patrols out of Tulagi without requesting a transfer, but on returning from the 11th patrol, just as I neared the base there, the "end patrol" question came up, but did not give me an end patrol option! I looked and the Tulagi anchor was tilted, but still no "end Patrol" option. So I did what any good captain would do, searched the seas looking for a new base and found none. I had taken a save about 100 NM from Tulagi, so I exited the mission, exited the game, reloaded the game, and loaded my save. Voila! The anchor at Pearl Harbor was now tilted instead of Tulagi. The date where this miracle of base reassignment was 07/11/1944. I made it to Pearl in good order and was rewarded by a conning tower refit and twin 40mm AA guns on the table.

As soon as my boat overhaul was complete I requested a transfer to Midway, where I am now awaiting a departure date of August 9, 1944. I was tempted to transfer to Milne Bay, but I've had enough of that until a "fix" is in, so to speak.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote