View Single Post
Old 01-29-21, 09:04 PM   #2662
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy...

Afer reading what was said to now, this is just a thought that I'm spit ballin' out for consideration here...

Know that with the nav map, the icons popping up saying task force here (insert whatever size for it here) or Convoy there.. or here... (see task force) or... single contact here or there... moving at whatever speed is designated for it... as I recall, you'd have ships, planes & such out there & would send in 'contact reports'... & on the nav map, the icons popping up is basically Command, sending off that info as it came in...

Follow My train of thought here, so far...

Now, when you take that into account, & then consider... that sometimes those contact reports sent in... weren't entirely... accurate... could be that the 1 sending it in, could have just caught sight of 1 ship, so.. on the nav map, the report sent off by command, would include that... error, for lack of a better word here... it isn't until you get in contact, with that reported single ship yourself, that the error becomes obvious... what you thought was a solo bogey, turns out to be a couple of ships... or a medium or larger convoy.. heck, even a task force instead... sized accordingly...

Could be that somewhere in all the bits & files of the base SH4, that this is modelled into SH4... perhaps... is the only thing that can think of...

In short, its the only thing that makes sense... I could be wrong, I do admit... but, it is something to consider...

M. M.

i hear what you are saying.

BUT (notice the big but), i don't want to argue about.
it is something i noticed with this version of FOTRSU and i thought i would mention it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote