View Single Post
Old 01-29-21, 05:29 PM   #2660
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
maybe i didn't explain the situation properly.

on the Nav Map, Task Forces, Large Convoys, Small Convoys, and Single Ships appear periodically. Some are quite a distance off and not within sensor range. The Single ship icons are actually labeled as Single Ships when you click on them in the Nav Map. however, when they get within sensor range, they spawn into a "group" of ships between 2 and maybe 4 or 5 ships of various types.

if you tell me that it is a native-SH4-thing, i believe you, but i have never seen that behaviour previously.
OK - Gotcha... so prior to any sub sensor. You are talking about the icon that the "Report" would generate then... I do not recall off the top of my head where that comes from, and I'm at the wrong computer to look... "Data / Menu / GUI / Units" for the images? but I am drawing a blank on the NavMap text right now... it should be change-able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
thank you for the clarification.
i took the transfer to Tulagi and i was going to ask if it was OK for me to change the Tulagi's end-date-transfer-to from Mare Is to Hunter's Point. it's still Late-Spring 1943 so i have a few months before Sargo-Tulagi ends.
Again, not being at the right computer, and I cannot remember which boats are transferred to "MareIsland", which should be HuntersPointCommand instead... if I named it that... sheesh. short-term memory is losing its charge... lol - but the main problem is that Hunter's Point definitions were left out of the file, and most of the boats sent to Mare are not defined there either... The Balao (to Fremantle), Gato (to Pearl), and Gar (to Midway) are safe to choose, but the others are not defined at Mare, and will most likely crash the game if played until transfer date.

The plan for the future was to have choices at Mare Island Naval Yard, Treasure Island Naval Station, Hunter's Point Naval Yard, and San Diego Naval Base as "re-fit" locations for specific boats, as well as new career start locations. The problem with a re-fit location is the timing of the missions and the transfer. Get there too soon, and it renders the location unusable. Get there too late, and you have already been transferred before you are able to start - witness WH4K above being early... There most likely is not an elegant way to do "re-fits", unfortunately. The game marches to the beat of a different drummer, and unfortunately is easily distracted by dates...

"...and bollocks to the naysayers" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote