Old 01-28-21, 02:31 PM   #256
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post

IMO, I don't see him running again.
I do believe you are correct. And I do believe the purpose of a Senate trial will be too ensure zero possibility of him ever running again.

Frankly, I'm torn between the Senate proceeding and just dropping it. I firmly believe he and others have a constitutional right to march on D.C. and say the things he and others did. I do not however believe he is responsible for the actions of the few dingbats who ruined it for a lot of others.

Where I have trouble with the whole thing is the Trump campaign should have stopped dead in its tracks on December 14th as soon as the electoral college finished voting. For the good of the nation it should have ceased to make any further claims to the presidency. It should have never ever began to cast doubt on an institution and system that has for over two centuries preserved the peaceful transition of power in this country. He should have been civic minded and man enough to publicly accept the outcome and step the hell away and try again in four years. Had he, he could have been a contender. But he didn't and instead let his ego blind him to what was happening and now its gonna bite'em in the arse.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-28-21 at 02:49 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote