View Single Post
Old 01-26-21, 09:51 PM   #180
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
No it's not. The only "fact" is that the commissioner can penalize a player for an unproven allegation regardless of it's validity. Deflategate in particular was a completely made up witch hunt. I'm not going to go over all the arguments again, natural gas law and all that, but it's obvious to anyone with a brain that Brady was railroaded pure and simple. I think his outrage over being so unfairly treated was the major source of his drive to win the Lombardi trophy that year.

As for the other 'gate yeah the Patriots did violate a newly created rule, or more accurately did not stop doing what had up to then been legal before the league banned the practice, and they paid a steep price for it given it's relatively minor nature.

But just note that neither incident, which happened btw years apart, had any effect on their ability to continue winning. That's one fact that you can't deny.

By the way, Dave. I like how when Tom Brady was in New England, he was the greatest thing in the world since sliced bread, according to you. Now that he has been pushed out of New England and went to another team, he is and I quote you, ( although he is now dead to me ).

Well, I'm sure Tom Brady couldn't care less what you think of him, Dave. He will be playing in his 10th Superbowl while you will be sitting in front of your TV watching him play in the Superbowl while eating your Mars bar.

Edit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

Screw you pal.

Really Dave ? I expected more than that from you. Please know that I'm laying here absolutely humbled, staggered and mortally wounded from the onslaught of your rapier wit. Ugly American, Indeed.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-27-21 at 12:22 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote