Old 01-26-21, 07:00 PM   #176
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Not exactly.

The thinking was that we have to rebuild the team from the ground up and Tom doesn't have enough years left to be worth rebuilding an offense around him.

The big reason he is successful now is that Tampa had already built a good O squad before he got there. An aging and patched together Patriots team, years of low draft picks plus 8-9 players opting out of the season right off the bat just meant that Tom wouldn't be going to the super bowl this year if he was still playing for NE in spite of all his talent. TB was his only chance and I don't blame him for taking it (although he is now dead to me).

We'll be back with a new QB and mostly new team next year under Bills expert tutelage and Tom will still fall off that Max Kellerman cliff some day. Does he have another year in the tank? Probably, maybe two, but I think when he finally is done it will happen suddenly without much warning.

I'm sure I don't understand or agree with some of your logic. While I agree that many players opted not to play and this had a detrimental impact on the season, there is more to it. I also agree with your assessment regarding low draft picks. However, Brady was never the most mobile Quarterback in the league although, he could run if he had to. He stayed in the pocket. Therefore, building an offense around Brady and then a new Quarterback should require little in the way of retooling.

I would agree you tailor your offense to the talents of your quarterback and other skilled players. Lamar Jackson and his running abilities in Baltimore are a prime example.

I was never a fan of New England because of how freely they cheated, i.e deflate gate and spy gate are but 2 examples for which New England and Brady was punished. You don't cheat unless you believe you will derive some benefit from it. Kraft like Jerry Jones in Dallas are slime. I'm sure you won't agree.

However, I have seen enough NFL games that Brady would be my choices for Quarterback If I needed one. New England was lucky to have Brady's services as long as they did. New England has 60 million in cap space and perhaps the opportunity to trade for a veteran quarterback. I don't doubt Belichick will rebuild with that much cash.

I'll assume that since you reside in the New England area, you probably have some insight into their workings there. That being said, we'll see how well Belechick works things out next season. I'm sure that New England will be in the thick of things next season in the AFC.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-26-21 at 07:11 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote