View Single Post
Old 01-23-21, 06:06 PM   #15174
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Umm .. this did no take long .. the vine-dark seas seem to have inspired Aktung
Some say this rear contraption was used as a ram, since the ships could be rowed forward and backward, and the rear "castle" could then have been used for warriors like archers, but i do not think so.
If you take a closer look at the frieze from Akrotiri, you may get an idea
Methinks the stern gizmo which looks attached but not integrated into the hull construction was used with heavy lines for beaching the craft. Even Agammemnon's 1000 Greek ships spent the war's decade hauled up on the beach at Illium; the over-hanging Minoan sternpost would have precluded any ramming and it was only depicted on larger vessels which had multiple uses and were not dedicated warships.. As a true Napan all dark wine inspires ME! JEEZE while I dithered on sternposts... Yup it's the Venus 178 movement; no Incablok on mine though. I'm wearing my vintage Wakmann chronograph with with the movement as I post: Over to the Skidmann

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-23-21 at 06:20 PM.