View Single Post
Old 01-23-21, 03:09 AM   #30
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I actually very rarely drink coffee and haven't drunk it as regular habit for 30-35 years; my mother used to give me a cup of coffee of two with breakfast before school since she thought it was easier to just give me what she was having than go to the trouble and/or expense of providing something else (the caffeinated effects on my behavior in school must have been a treat for the nuns); as I got older, into my teen years, I darnk large quantities of coffee and, as I started playing in clubs and hanging out after closing in coffee shops and the like, I really consumed a lot of the stuff; it didn't help that there were several places, like IHOP, where, if you asked for coffee, they didn't just bring you a cup of coffee, they brought you a full carafe of it; I finally got to the point where I was pretty much fed up with the taste of it and switched to various teas; I did manage to get my morning jolt of high caffeine by drinking a cola in the morning, followed by a few later in the day; I would sometimes get disapproving comments from co-workers who would say things like, "how can you drink that so early in the day?'; I would them point out that the coffee they drank was little more than water, caffeine, and sugar, pretty much an accurate description of cola...

<O>
I really started drinking coffee when I left home in Napa for college in SF and split rent in the SF Richmond district with the son of the owners of "Best of Holland" in Ghirardelli Square at that time. I've never looked back and still drink what is now called pour over daily.

I've lost touch with Menno over the years but still cherish those times.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote