Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
not necessarily....i should have framed my question differently
No worries, mate...

do you still have the autosave from this point of your career...just prior to the CTD? remember some things happen automatically.
If by that, you mean the save point I did before calling it a night, while I was still @ Lamon Bay (2nd visit to it, in My 1st patrol mission objective) then the answer to that would be a resounding yes... I still have that save point.

The 1st docking @ Surabaya, was when I finished off the part 3, 1st patrol mission, was running through the passage waterways from the west side of the Philippines, to the west side, exiting the San Bernardino passage... I ran into a small task force of 2 DD's, 1 Minelayer & a seaplane tender... which I radioed that in & got orders to sink it. I proceeded on to Lamon Bay, patrolled there the 1st time, completed that, got orders to patrol Aparri right after that... in the course of doing that, ran into a task force, on radioing that in, got the reply back to disengage... which I gritted My teeth & did so. I went to hot foot it to Mariveles, to do a hot resupply. En route to do that, I then ran into My 3rd task force... & just as with the 2nd one, got the same message when I radioed that in. completed the resupply, went back to Aparri... completed that objective aka part 2 of My 1st patrol. Upon doing that, got messaged to then go back to Lamon Bay, but this time, a much larger area in the region to patrol. I figure I pretty much completed that about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time to be there to do so... when I needed to grab some sleep, so I did a save & waited a bit, before exiting the game.

I reloaded up the next day, to finish that part of the mission off, got the all clear aka mission complete then hot footed it to dock @ Surabaya, to dock... but... between finishing 2nd trip to Lamon Bay, I did NOT do any saves before docking at Surabaya the 1st go around. I docked & then ran into that CTD... I reported it, & rather than waiting, I reloaded the save @ Lamon Bay (2nd visit...) completed it again, as I mentioned already before.. saved & then hot footed it to Surabaya for the 2nd time.. saving after I completed pt. 3 of My 1st patrol, hot footed it to dock @ Surabaya, saving before I set off the dock/rearm box.

BUT, to re-emphasize.. I do indeed have that 2nd visit to Lamon Bay save...