View Single Post
Old 01-18-21, 10:21 AM   #31
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun_Saxi View Post
So I grabbed the mentioned DVD Box with SH 3 to 5. SH4 is Version 1.2, so it's of no value as I already got the deluxe box of SH4. But so far version 1.4 runs smoothly and I always know my home port.

Unfortunately I can't get SH5 to run. When I start the exe file the game updater (gu.exe) starts but can't get connection to the update server. The game stops and get's back to desktop. Can I switch that off? The FireWall has SH5 listed in the Exceptions, so that SHOULD be no problem (running Win XP).
it's a shame that someone is STILL selling SH4 1.2. sinful. they should be metaphorically shot. as i indicated in my previous email, i thought the offer was SH4 1.5 UBM.

i am no expert with SH5 however XP should not be the problem. i know that the user MUST have an active internet connection and MUST use UPlay to play the game.

i messed with this a few years ago because i bought 3-4-5 in close order and thought i would give it shot, however i developed an instant dislike for the game. while the graphics are dramatically better than SH4 1.5 the game play was all first person. THAT coupled with the must-use-an-internet-tracking-program were enough for me to de-install the entire mess.

you might want to take your SH5 questions to the SH5 forum. You are in an SH4 forum. there is some cross-pollination but you will probably be better off posing SH5 questions there than here.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249

good luck, Herr Kaleun!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote