Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 01-17-21, 12:07 PM   #800
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsanjaya View Post
What does hide those dials called in the command.cfg file? I'm running using laptop here. And I prefer to remap the key binding rather than hooking my laptop to a large USB keyboard that only wasting the already limited workspace I've got.
ok, laptops, well, then, using a keypad key will be difficult.
jimimadrid created Keymapper for this occasion.
it is pretty good for re-assigning keys however it has been known to CTD every now-and-again. be patient.
keep in mind, that the changes are made in real-time to the Command.Cfg file, so make a copy of that file before you begin.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...=4715&act=down

Quote:
As I recall this is non issue back in OM + OMEGU compilation. And so does the English labels in periscope & TDC
yes, you are correct!
in the old days of OpMonsun, labels were in German and one had to apply a mod to translate into English.
please keep in mind that some of the game labels are "text" files and some of the game labels are graphics, which means that the text files can be translated with a lower degree of difficulty than the graphics which need to be not only translated but re-created with the appropriate graphics tool(s).
Before you yell 'verdamt' on Dark Waters please keep in mind that OpMonsun was quite "buggy" and that the Dark Waters team cleaned up a lot of that as well as added more content.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote