Old 01-16-21, 06:24 AM   #42
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
Two questions about the mission editor:

1- I create the mission, I save it, all ok...when I build the mission I select a Type VIIC then, instead when playing it in the historical missions menu/list I can only select the VIIA or VIIB. What I'm doing wrong?

2-How to you set the title of the mission? ( I mean the one displayed in the historical missions menu where there are listed all the missions available )
My mission displays only the date, while the other ones ( the ones already present ) display both the title and the date.

Thanks in advance!
Not sure about 1 (from memory, it worked for me... might have something to do with the menu where you choose boat in historical missions?), but 2:

Mission -> Language Localization -> Click "Mission Title" and then write title in empty field below.

Some thoughts regarding issues you've noticed with aircraft:

- SH5 aircraft AI is not the sharpest tool in a box, some ahistorical configurations might be a compromise in order to get AI to do its job - vdr1981 would know more about that.

- you can find basics about how damage model works in TDW's post I linked in this thread. Basically: invisible (and very simplified) DMG_col model is responsible for hit detection, and damage boxes (not spheres) in .zon file - for actual damage (like engines, fires, wings falling off). If aircraft is hit where no damage boxes are present, it simply loses hitpoint until it runs out, at which point it will explode. You are right about model being currently extremely basic and not even fully using potential offered by the engine. It could be much improved, though doing it for all planes is a ton of work.

- Loadouts: aircraft spawn by airfields in campaign will use basic loadout every time from what I understand of vdr1981's earlier posts. This means any loadout except basic is only useful for single missions or for manually placed air groups (which are very few currently, most air traffic is generated by airfields).

EDIT: also, if you are interested in improving aircraft in SH5, check out this thread by gap where many issues with planes are discussed:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=247344
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote