View Single Post
Old 01-15-21, 10:35 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I like the taste of the brews, Espresso with plenty of Robusta (not Arabica), sweetened; and coffee made via French press, with sugar and condensed milk. Its the sugar and milk that turn an undrinkable bitter brew into an enjoyable experience. The caffeine I just accept, I do not chase after it, I do not need it. I find coffee without caffein does not taste as good, something is missing in it. Its flatter in taste.

Soft drinks I avoid. All that sugar and fructose in them makes them de facto poisonous. A bit of sweetness, why not, but the many lots and lots of it that industrially processed candies and soft drinks include, is way over the top for me.

Tea - I tried ever agaiun at times ove rthe yeards, but never realyl got into it, and my tummy doer snot seem to like it too much either. Except Roibosch tea, whcih is not really a tea by leaf, only gets brewed like a tea. I lioke that one with mild sweetness and milk. In Southenr africa, this comb9nation - is a drink for little children I know I know... But I like it. Reminds of vanilla. No coffeine in it.

Tip: eating salty is a natural remedy to cure the "sweet tooth". If you eat very salty, you lose appetite for sweets and candies. If you crave for soemthign sweet, eat a Brezel onstead, salted sticks, etc. - And no, salt is NOT the big evil that still many unknowing doctors try to tell you. Quite the opposite. Saving salt has acchieved the opposite of what they promised to accheive when inventing this paradigm: salt reduced eating makes people seriously ill, in scores and scores, and does not prevent cardiovascular deseases, but provokes them. Sugar is the white crystal you need to be on your guard against, salt not.

I learned last year about coconut oil, and I am addicted to the taste of it. I use it on bread like butter, for cooking, in the pan (heated up it looses the coconut arome and then is a neutral pan fat), on hot toast with honey - and I sometime put some of it into the mug with hot coffee. I heard that some people liking black coffee also put some salt into that, together with coconut. But salt with coffee - thats not for me.