View Single Post
Old 12-25-20, 11:03 PM   #1
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default New Monitor - Can I make FOTRSU Fit?

I have been running a monitor with a native resolution of 1920x1440 at 60Hz and a comparable setting in the game's graphics Options. Everything appears appropriate in terms of scale and distortion (almost none).

However, yesterday Santa graced me with a 35" ASUS Tuf that has a native resolution of 3440x1440 (60Hz). I have been working all day to find an in-game resolution and/or Display Settings for the monitor to allow a natural display of the game screens. The closest I could come was to set the game resolution to 1600x800 at 59Hz. Even that has a pretty significant distortion in the horizontal (or maybe it's the vertical - I'm so confused at this point!

Is there anyone out there who has a modern monitor with the same or similar settings who has found a setting either in the Display Settings or the Graphics Option (or both) that will let me see a non-distorted view (or really close to it) and most important, use the full width of the monitor?

I've downloaded the v1.39 for FOTRSU but I don't want to start it until I can get a better (non-distorted) view that uses the whole screen, if that is even possible.

Thanks for your help!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote