Old 12-20-20, 04:23 PM   #293
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Make sure your wanted speed to down the periscope is correctly set in the Hsie.ini file (main game folder, open with notepad)

Ok, went into that & double checked the settings... minimum was 4.5 & max was set at 7. As I know of it, that is the same as what is in the config set up with LSH3 & it works as it should. I hit 7+ knots and the scope won't stay up in LSH3.

Now, with testing CCoM, using the nav training, right after submerging, as instructed, speed was 8 knots, I checked the periscope &... it did not retract as it should have, like it did with LSH3.

As to Hsie options disappearing after activating all mods, it’s because you have other SH3.exe somewhere in a mod that overwrite the one you checked options... Best is to have only one SH3.exe in main folder and delete the other (s).
Check all mods and see where is hidden the culprit...

Went through each & every folder in the set up... & only 2 folders have any sh3.exe's in them

1. CCoM_CaptainsChoiceOfMods_Release_120_BASIS_EC

2. Ahnenerbe_WS-GUI_1920x1080_for_CCoM_by Wurmonkel

#1. apparently needs that SH3.exe, in it, for it to function. Tried removing it & got message saying no sh3.3xe found or some such, when I went to use the h.sie option selector.

#2., have no idea what to do with this, as I found something like... 3, in this folder. Folder is set up as follows:

data(folder)
Sh3 Patcher (folder 2 sh3.exe's located in that folder, in addition to the patcher)
d3d9.dll (app extension)
d3d9 (config settings)
sh3.exe (3rd one in the folder, total.)

Last, if you want to fully enjoy Ccom, you should not have the last 4 mods, all overwriting the environment folder and scene.dat … and probably messing up original Ccom distances & sensors interactions; but that’s only my opinion

I cleared out those mods mentioned, went into doc's & deleted the save game folder, before attempting to rerun SH3.. with the WS-GUI folder added in. Same end results last night.

Have wiped the whole shebang out & going for a fresh install... the SH3
copy I was using was 1 from Steam, BUT.. had used SFSF to 'divorce' it from steam... looking into it, somehow it had a MODS folder in there.. & in that folder, somehow LSH3-2015 Full was sitting in there... so no idea if that was causing issues or not. I've since abandoned using that copy & am using 1 from Ubi, that I have now.

Don’t forget there is a full map mod available somewhere, if you are using the nice Ahnenerbe_WS-GUI_1920x1080_for_CCoM_by Wurmonkel
I have that downloaded, but... if not mistaken, seem to recall something about needing to have Tychopatch applied for it to run & it mentioned before doing the tychopatch, to have h.sie done & Stiebler's h.sie addendum patch (if intended to use that 1) done 1st before running tycho's patch... again, as I understand all that... if not, then by all means show me where I am, please.

As it stands, have the Ubi copy of SH3 set up, followed the directions to this point of SH3Cmdr set up... & fixing to proceed the rest of the install from that point... following the instructions found in the C. document of set up for this mega...

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 12-20-20 at 06:27 PM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote