View Single Post
Old 12-15-20, 10:26 PM   #2316
mattlach
Watch

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Alright, I tried from scratch again.

System is an old i7-3930k with an old 6GB Kepler Titan and 64GB of RAM. Not particularly impressive by modern standards, but still should be more than enough for this application. It is running the latest version of Windows 10.

The computer only has one drive though, and Steam won't let you have more than one install location on the same drive, and won't let you remove the default location inside Program Files, so I did as follows.

1.) Uninstalled game from steam and deleted game folder in C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common
2.) Deleted game folder in "My Documents"
3.) Shut down Steam
4.) From admin account, moved entire Steam folder to a new location (C:\games\Steam)
5.) Created symlink from old location inside Program Files to new location, so that steam would still work.
6.) Reinstalled clean install of game via steam. Test launched to make sure it worked.
7.) Unzipped the 7zip archive to a MODS folder inside the new game folder in C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\, so that it is in: C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEditio n_v1.24_EN
8.) Extracted JSGME from Extras folder to root folder of game, and executed it.
9.) Saw Fall of the Rising Sun in the list and moved it to the right to install it.
10.) Ran multiSH4 to move game folder to Documents\FRS
11.) Ran Large Address Space mod to alter the SH4.exe file

Now, it SHOULD be done, right? But when I launch it by double clikcing on SH4.exe, just like before, I get the intro video, and the red bar that loads from left to right, but when it gets to 100% it just sits there forever doing nothing. If I alt-tab out, I can see the popup2 error message that data/menu/data/black80.tga is missing.

The only option in the dialogue box is to press ok. If I do so, I get another error for a missing file, click OK on that I get another, and another, and another.

To try to troubleshoot I went looking for this black80.tga file, thinking I may just have to make sure the game is pointed in the right location, but this file does not seem to exist, not in the vanilla game dir, or any of the mods as part of the Fall of the Rising Sun archive.

I'm thinking I must have missed installing something obvious that includes these files, but reading, and re-reading the instructions, I am not sure what that might be.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
mattlach is offline   Reply With Quote