View Single Post
Old 12-09-20, 11:16 AM   #14094
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Very real! They can be shocking in nature and deliver a decisive blow...and they help prevent abusive crime.
BINGO! Robot jockies for very pricey camel racing in many parts of the world. Children as young as four were being used and the laws were enacted, starting in 2002, to prevent such 'abusive crime" one arm hold the whip: a decisive blow....and it was discovered that some were designed to deliver a shock to the camel - an illegal item in the racing dromedary 'sport of kings'. The fast camels sell for $200K+
Quote:
Initial problems faced by the design team, led by Alexandre Colot, included the fact that the camels were conditioned to the use of human jockeys. Early designs confused or frightened the camels.[2] The designs were modified to include more human-like features, including a mannequin-like face, sunglasses, hats, racing silks and even traditional perfumes used by human jockeys. Other technical issues included the conditions that the robots and the computers would be put under: the high temperatures of a dusty desert environment along with a fast-moving and uneven ride. The first successful official race featuring robotic jockeys was conducted in Qatar by 2005. The robots are aluminum-framed with a "thorax" about the size of a large book and contain small hinged arms that control the whip and the reins.v "ie: somewhat smaller than a child jocky imho"
I thought for sure d@rk51d3 had it with "Giddyup"!!?? Over to Jimbuna

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"