KungPao
Seaman

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Hi FPSchazly
Thank you for your thought on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
Also, just to double check, you did these tests at the same layer depth? Layer depth always changes each time you reload a mission.
Yes, I am aware of that. As soon as the scenario begin, I save a file and named it “01, layer 439ft”

Quote:
The game considers the aspect of the target to the seeker head, so a head-on boat has a smaller lock-on target than a beam-on boat.
I am also aware of the signature difference on the front and side. Last week I began to curious , I wanted to know what is acquire range for act/passive Torp on bow/stern/side. Then I begin some tests which eventually leads to this topic.

I made a spreadsheet to record these data, but as you can see it is still very crude. The project stopped right after I started it. Because I realized the depth/sound speed is a variable too. Then after couple testing I noticed that something is not right. It seems the acquire range reduced as the depth increase, no matter what the ocean environment is.

That’s how I started this test, try to see if acquire range is the same at different depth but with same sound speed. I guess I got a "no" answer. But you are right, I should run more test from beam . The reason I choose head on is easy to handle, I just have to make the torp turn 180 degree. After double thinking, I guess I should make sub stop, then a little bit micromanagement I can make the torp come in right at 90 degree.

Quote:
Have you tried the test without the layer? That's just introducing another variable here (that you are correct in thinking shouldn't matter with how you've done the test). I would try without the layer and see what happens.
That’s a good suggestion, I will do more tests latter this week

Last edited by KungPao; 12-07-20 at 07:19 PM.
KungPao is offline   Reply With Quote