Thread: My War Story
View Single Post
Old 12-06-20, 10:44 PM   #7
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

Well at three this afternoon XO waking me up to tell me there a problem with Electric engine number one well frank last two days sure been not going to good for us so what the problem and can it be fix yes sir can be fix Motor one is making whining noise,but seems to be working ok.hour later walking past sonar Sir merchant contact moving slow and closing bearing 261 long range sonar stay on contact bring her up periscope dept 1740 still have not made contact yet night has fallen surface ahead flank speed ran at flank for two hours never did make contact so order standard speed and back on course walking up to the map taking a look where the Navigator got us peg at be several more days before we reach our patrol area.This morning even though the men was tired decided to do practice drills figure they better get use to doing stuff even tired cause war don't wait for men to get rested and they going need all the training they can get when the smelly stuff hits the fan.(i'll have a couple of weeks to work on this until
blackpower season gets going)