View Single Post
Old 11-29-20, 01:42 PM   #3430
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Underwent my annual health check on 16th where because of my Type 2 Diabetes I had my weight, height, heart rate, blood pressure and three blood samples taken.

The health check was four months overdue so I naturally put that down to the pandemic and the results which I usually receive in the post a week after the event have yet to arrive so again, I put the delay down to the pandemic.

Nothing amazing there I thought but what arrived in the post the other day did surprise me....an appointment for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening.

The appointment letter states the screening is offered free of charge by the NHS to all men during their 65th year. The pamphlet accompanying the letter explaining the ultrasound scan procedure states said procedure is for men 'in the year they turn 65'

As of today I'm 63 years and 4 months of age

I will attend the appointment and guess I'll put the two age anomalies down to the pressures of the pandemic again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Abdominal aortic aneurism... I'm aware of it & looking forward to getting my ultrasound asap, since it sounds like a pretty horrible way to die
That's what killed George C Scott at age 71...I had an artery scan approx 5 years ago, to go with my annual checkup since age two over concerns of a congenital ventricular septal defect which kept me out of the military-three times! My mom kept the MD's from experimenting on me surgically in the '50's! Never mind flying, SCUBA diving the globe from Bon Aire to Tahiti, trukkin', playing college rugby and wrestling; I'm amazed to still be kickin' at 69! Considering the newfangled procedure of two dacron patches thru the arteries to the heart defect still kills 27% in my age bracket Ma was right! ...in a corona infested hospital to boot? Methinks I'll do my remaining 'borrowed' time with medicinal vodka gimlets!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 11-29-20 at 02:20 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote