Old 11-14-20, 06:41 AM   #3
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0
Default Hi Cajun Kaleun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Kaleun View Post
Why are you fighting planes on the surface? If you are doing that you are already in trouble. I have not had any issues with radar and I have not had aircraft catch me with my pants down except early on in an S boat. Once I got into the Salmon and above I had plenty of warning to dive.

After attacking a convoy and sinking 3 merchant ships and a destroyer (Strait of Mindoro mission) and spending some time avoiding another, my batteries were at 40% of their capacity. I'm already going to meet another convoy and I need to have a full load. I also wanted to test if I could keep a plane away without having to submerge, but apparently it is not convenient to do that, because either I did something wrong or the gunners do not act automatically in the game. When I had the contacts on on the map, I would see planes marked with a triangular icon approaching, and they didn't take me that much by surprise. I have removed some items to increase the realism to 65% so far. But now they don't appear on the radar screen. I have answered your question friend, but you have not answered mine: does the radar detect or not detect airplanes? If I don't see them on the screen, how can the crew signal a radar contact?
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote