View Single Post
Old 11-12-20, 11:21 AM   #2
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodave View Post
Hi there. New to the forum. I got a hankering for an old game I used to play with my dad on the old apple iie - Grey Seas, Grey Skies. This was a naval combat sim that you played on the computer and with graph paper! No graphics, you got information on the screen, plotted on the graph paper, gave commands, then you let the other player sit down and do the same. My dad was a submariner and would kick my ass every time we played! Surface ships, submarines, carriers and heli's! It was a lot of fun.

Anyway, I was looking for a game that might deliver this experience but I haven't found it yet. I recently downloaded Cold Waters, but it feels a bit too arcade for me, and letting you see underwater? Not very realistic.

Command Modern Operations seemed like it might be more what I am looking for, but $80 plus $20 for multiple addons seems a steep price to me being just a novice. Anyone have a recommendation on something realistic that doesn't cost $100, or is Cold Waters going to be it?
Welcome to SubSim nodave!
Well, I think Cold Waters will suit you or Wolfpack https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=277 and then your father will feel "defeated" ... at least for a while.

I myself play SH3+GWX3, but that is another matter.

Marie Curie

Last edited by Gerald; 11-12-20 at 12:20 PM.
Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote