View Single Post
Old 11-10-20, 01:22 AM   #9
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0

Thanks for defining your semantics for "beta".

---

Okay, I don't know if this issue is the DW engine or the modded game. I only tested RA 1.49.

I have 12 almost identical missions where you choose a playable sub, and you have a cruise ship parallel your course at 7kts at 5nmi, 10nmi ... 60nmi.

I use this to play around with sensor behavior.

I was able to get a NB contact at the 60Hz harmonic from 40nmi with Seawolf, LA III, and Akula III. It was very faint. I used a programmed key to boost LCD brightness for detection. It was very faint; a ghost image (black against the background). I was at 5kts with the TB-29.

But here is the thing which troubles me. The tracker was able to hold that contact with TA 95% retracted. That does not make sense to me. TA performance should diminish. I have yet to try this with stock DW and SC with the TA mainly retracted. It just seems wrong.

I was doing this as I was looking at a way I might shoot, and get up to flank speed quicker if needed without breaking the TA.

Finally for completeness, I should note BB detection on 30 min ITA was achieved at 10nmi.

Comments? Thanks.