Old 11-04-20, 11:30 PM   #6
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
maybe not.
what i posted is fact for TMO and FORTSU.
check out the Eqp/Sns files for the merchies or tankers. check out the Nippon tankers. they get sonar in late 43/early 44.

not sure about the other Megas like RSRD (prob) or RFB (poss) probably Not GFO since it is a "fix" for Stock.

you're just going to have to adapt and get sneakier. (is that even a word)

Oh, I believe you... I just never attributed their zig-zagging to them having sonar and only ever looked at the various sub .eqp files not the merchie files.

Jap merchies having sonar? Is that even historically accurate for WW2 or is it an attempt to make SH4 more challenging with these mods? That's pretty nasty also, considering the in-game SH4 AI sonar is always "on" whether you hear the pinging or not. No wonder Nicolas made his "launcher" mod that mitigates this always "on" behavior. All the more reason to use it. I just can't believe, historically, that Jap merchies were "pinging" away constantly on their sonar sets.

I've also never read any historical accounts where the author made mention of being detected by a Jap merchie using sonar. This is one of the gripes I have about SH4. Certain internal SH4 design mechanics prevent historical close-in penetrations that occurred with relative ease "before detection" historically, both with the "always on" sonar and nighttime visibility being such that you are always seen in-game trying to penetrate a convoy on the surface at night. Bubblehead1980 has been experimenting with some mods with some success to reflect these historical behaviors and accounts.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote