View Single Post
Old 10-05-20, 09:27 PM   #1
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default SH4 Stopped Saving "SaveData.map" Data For Stellarium

Hello,

The title tells it all. I have no idea why, but it is impossible to use the "SHtoStellarium" script to copy my SH4 time and position to Stellarium.

The below spoiler contains some extensive information which may help.

Capt Codetrucker (Bullhide009)Yesterday at 8:47 PM
Well, I'm not sure what happened, but the script stopped working. I am getting this error...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\cjw\Desktop\SH4toStellarium.py", line 37, in <module>
longitude = float(content[longst+4:longnd])/120000
ValueError: could not convert string to float: 'ark]\nPointsNb=0\n\n[Ruler]\nPointsNb=0\n\n[Range]\nPointsNb=0\n\n[Angle]\nPointsNb=0\n\n[Waypoint]\nPointsNb=0\n\n[KGSelector]\nPointsNb=0'

This happened when I performed a fresh install of SH3 and SH4.

Does this look familiar? Any ideas?
Capt Codetrucker (Bullhide009)Yesterday at 9:45 PM
FMI - Am I supposed to post technical requests here or on the Subsim forum?
October 5, 2020
Capt Codetrucker (Bullhide009)Today at 7:10 AM

SUCCESS! I have overcome the fails, but only by going back to the raw script in the doc. I never was able to ferret out the culprit code, but since my present customized script works I am going to enjoy it for awhile. Thanks for all the help.
Capt Codetrucker (Bullhide009)Today at 7:31 PM

FAILURE! After getting a number of successful SH4 to Stellarium exports, I am now having the same error as the 3rd post above this one. The error Traceback is the same, "ValueError: could not convert string to float:" I have determined the error comes from the fact SH4 is not producing a good "SaveData.map" file, but I have no idea why?
Any ideas?

UPDATE: Verified the failure is due to SH4 producing an erroneous SaveData.map file. There is no data in the sections of the file, so the script is attempting to read in only the structure of the file and not the data which should be there. For some reason I have been able to get SH4 to produce the needed data and then it fails. No rhyme or reason yet.

Thank you in advance for the assistance.