View Single Post
Old 09-29-20, 07:34 PM   #18
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Reading stuff like A Turkish F-16 have shot down an Armenian fighter jet is in my opinion a huge escalation of this long lived conflict between these to countries.

That's why I asked what is Turkey up to
They may very well end in a war with Russia

Markus

That may be a possibility. But for years its known western alliances have been very careful not to publicly condemn Erdogan for support of Azeris and the Armenian genocide. I think dismantling Putin's reign is more important to NATO. Turkey might be able to help with that if it could force Putin into scaling up defenses and sending more troops into a potentially very unpopular war trying to defend the Armenians.

As for the Greece thing I still think its Turkey just sabre rattling. Erdogan wants something next time he goes to the negotiating table. I also think Merkel and Erdogan are working closer together than people think. Brits know this and they bolted from the E.U. France knows this when Macron spoke out against Turkey over Greece. Merkel on the other hand not wanting to disturb her relationship with Recep says little.

Macron needs to watch his back. Ever since Merkel has come to power in Germany other European leaders dont get to see a second term as president. Hell, some didnt even get to finish their first one. Pretty soon its just gonna be her and Erdogan.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-29-20 at 07:43 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote